Prepare the choux pastry
- In a saucepan, add the water, diced butter, salt and sugar.
- Bring to the boil by stirring with a spatula and remove from the heat.
- Pour in all of the flour in one go and stir briskly until the pastry forms a ball and comes away cleanly from the sides of the pan.
- Add the first egg and stir until smooth. Then add the remaining three eggs, one after the other, until the dough the dough is smooth each time.
- When the dough is firm but flexible, form small balls of dough the size of walnuts and place on the oven tray.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes (mark 6-7 – 200°C), then 15 minutes (mark 5-6 – 170°C).
- Bake until they feel crisp, light and puffy in the hand.
- Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
Prepare the chocolate sauce
- Melt the chocolate broken into pieces on a low heat in milk, then add butter.
- To serve, open the choux parcels with scissors and fill them with a teaspoon of vanilla ice-cream.
- Close them and place them, one by one, on a dish.
- Cover with hot chocolate sauce and serve immediately.